The Florida Department of Health has created a system for issuing and renewing Medical Marijuana Use Registry identification cards for patients and their legal representatives. In combination with the Medical Marijuana Use Registry, identification cards will further allow patients and legal representatives to quickly demonstrate that they are registered in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry.
As of March 2017, all patients and legal representatives must obtain a Registry Identification Card to fill an order for low-THC cannabis, medical cannabis, or a cannabis delivery device at one of the state’s dispensing organizations. To apply for a Medical Marijuana Use Registry identification card, a patient must:
1. Be a Florida resident,
2. Be a qualified patient in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry,
3. Submit a completed application to the Office of Medical Marijuana Use
Electronic Applications: Electronic applications only take a few minutes to complete and allow for significantly faster processing times than paper applications.
1. Have your ordering physician enter your email address into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry. Both patients and legal representatives need to be entered into the registry by a qualified physician.
2. Find the email from the registry in your inbox. This will allow you to begin an application.
3. Be sure to check the information completed by your physician for accuracy. If it is inaccurate, contact your physician to update it.
4. Log in using your email address and complete and sign your application.
Please contact our office at 813-944-9333 for assistance with the online process.
Patients who are minors must designate a legal representative on his or her application, and in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry. Legal representatives must also submit a completed application to the Office of Medical Marijuana Use to obtain a Medical Marijuana Use Registry identification card.
Once a card application has been approved, the patient and legal representative may receive a temporary card from the Office of Medical Marijuana Use. A patient must have an approved card application prior to filling an order at a medical marijuana treatment center.